Saturday, February 7, 2015

Thoughts and Reflections

The past year has been very difficult for our family. I lost my father back in April of 2014 rather suddenly to pancreatic cancer. He went in the hospital in pain, stayed, got the results from the screen and the diagnosis, and then passed away within the week. More recently a couple of family members and close family friends. Brain tumors, more cancer, heart attacks. It's been a challenge to say the least. Despite the hardships I feel like we are doing well. I've talked to friends, family and even professionals about various life situations over the past year and we have an amazing moral support system.

In 2015 we plan on doing some traveling - hopefully to Australia and definitely to South Carolina as our annual trip. In the early fall Matt and the children went to San Diego with their Nana (Matt's mom) from Australia. They had an amazing time. I look forward to this coming year but hope for less life challenges as I've had more than enough over the past year. Here's to a new year!

1 comment: